The Heart is a vital Organ in the Body, It pumps oxygenated blood and nutrient rich blood throughout the Body system to Sustain life, it beats over 100,000 times a day and must never stop beating except in the case of Death.The Heart pumps blood through the circulatory system, it receives blood from the the body tissues, purifies it through the oxygen from the lungs and resend it to the Body tissues. Different body vessels exists in the circulatory system. They include
- Arteries, which carries oxygenated blood and takes blood away from the heart except the pulmonary artery that carries deoxygenated blood instead.
- Veins, which carries deoxygenated blood and takes the blood to the heart except the pulmonary vein that takes oxygenated blood instead,and
- Capillaries are small thin blood vessel that connect arteries and veins.
High blood pressure or Hypertension is the condition where the blood consistently pumps blood at a high force against the blood vessels,this makes the blood vessels weaker overtime has the blood vessel constantly react to the force by reducing and slimming the blood vessels to be smaller so as to reduce the force and flow of blood,Overtime blood vessels get damaged and a lot of terminal diseases sets in.
Conditions that makes the heart prone to high blood pressure include:
- Excessive Alcohol Intake
- Kidney Infections e.t.c
Hypertension has no symptoms but Overtime when condition worsens;The following sets in
- Chest Pain Heavy breathing with Pounding heartbeat
- Excessive sweating
- Swelling in hands, feet and ankles early detection is Cure.
Individual with high blood pressure should visit the physician, It has been discovered that high body fat contribute to High blood pressure, We should however be attentive to our body fat. Women around age 35 should often visits the hospital and check their blood pressure Men around age 40 shouldn’t hesitate too,as Early detection is cure.